Saturday, October 10, 2009

Each one rehabilitate one

Social Responsibility

"Each one teach one" is a novel idea. From that I borrowed another idea on 2nd October 2009. It is the Birthday of Mahatma Gandhiji and on the same day millions of people were effected by floods in Andhrapradesh. " Each one rehabilitate one" is my new slogan.I know, It is easy to preach, but difficult to practice like any novel idea. As a teacher I always try my best to be honest. The first step I took in that direction was quitting smoking.I smoked for nearly 20 years and one day 15 years back I said to my self, enough is enough. I did not smoke again. It needed strong will power.If I calculate what I saved directly and indirectly( Health wise)I know it runs into lakhs.Those savings helped my own family. Now I decided to use my car as sparsely as possible and use the public transport instead.I plan to use the entire savings for my new project. I spend nearly Rs. 75000/- per annam on petrol. If I can save at least 50% of that and help a needy family,It will be a good amount for a poor family which earns not more than Rs 5,000 a month.So let us spread the maxim "each one rehabilitate one"
I took up one family inthe flood ravaged Kurnool in Andhrapradesh and have provided relief immediately and have plans to rehabilitate them.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I discovered your weblog using msn. This is an extremely neatly written article.
I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your useful info.
Thanks for the post. I'll certainly comeback.

Here is my page - bet angel